Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Oh shit" Tuesday


I've been having a lovely day today. It's a 10-6 day for me today, so I stayed in bed until nearly 7am - quite a sleep in for me. Then I had some left over hamburger patties and half an avocado for breakfast and played some StarWars. Work has been me reading health books (I'm on to the 'Paleo Solution' by Robb Wolf, now. It's pretty good - so far it's the one I'd recommend to people because of its ease of reading and simple concepts.) and surfing the internet. I do have after school class today, though. Assuming any students turn up. I hope they do, I've still got the fun music lesson I planned last week.

So, Mr B has been doing all the teaching today, but I've moved my computer into the English classroom instead of the teacher's room. The teacher's room is just too hot and stuffy. I can at least open the windows, turn of the fans, and even the aircon in the classroom. Mr B. was just 10 minutes late to class, though.. He told me as he was leaving the room that he would teach alone, and I said ok. But he was so late and the kids were actually like "Sam teacher - we learn English now", so I started a game of hangman. They a pretty good class, and were participating well. Anyway, we got halfway through the first word, and Mr B turns up and is like "Oh, no, I said I'd teach alone now". Yeah dude, I know. I was just entertaining them :)

1) The cute kid who always says 'hi' was doing Kpop dances for me at lunch. He's a pretty good dancer, but one weird as little kid.

2) I've decided to try going out for dinner by myself tonight. There's a soup restaurant just down the road from my building that I want to try. 

3) I'm about 1/4 of a level from 50 on StarWars.

4) Day off tomorrow.

5) Ahaha, turns out there is no after school class today. I'm waiting for my students to show up, waiting, waiting (they're often late), then I go in search of Mr B, but can't find him, so wait a few more minutes. I've set up the classroom, etc. Then these boys are like "Sam teacher, what are you doing?". I said I was waiting for my class. They said there was no class today. I mimed strangling Mr B for not telling me. They laughed and one of the boys goes "Oh shit!". Good call, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment